Microsoft Teams is a new chat-based workspace in MS Office 365, offering flexible communication and helping keep everyone updated at the moment. It is an entirely new experience, which brings together content, conversations and people-along with any tools needed by groups to maintain collaborative communication.
Features of Microsoft Teams
- Inbuilt access to Skype, OneNote, SharePoint
- Multi-factor verification for better identity security
- Diverse compliance standards support
- Pull in connectors from intermediary services and tools for updates
- Bots to assist with quick actions and data exploration
- People, tools and content, all in one place
Benefits of Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams is a hub for teamwork. With built-in tools, like Planner, PowerPoint, Skype, Delve and Power BI, MS Teams offers users all the tools and information they need quick access to.
- Flexible Communication: MS Teams offers a modern communication experience, and supports both threaded and persistent chats for complete engagement. Group chats are, by default, visible to the whole group. However, there is also the option of private conversations. With the availability of Skype, teams can partake in video and voice conferences.
- Highly customizable options for each team, with open APIs and rich extensibility available in general. For instance, Tabs offer quick access to the most used cloud services and documents. MS Teams also uses the same Connector model as Exchange, providing updates and notifications via third-party services, such as GitHub or Twitter. Furthermore, full-fledged support for the MS Bot Framework is added to bring intellectual services, both first and third party, to your working environment.
- Security: Microsoft Teams provides high compliance capabilities and protection that Office 365 users can expect. Information is encrypted at all times, and a transparent operational approach is taken with zero standing access to user data. Major compliance standards are supported, including SOC 2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and more.